Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Vanilla Bean Birthday Cake - GAPS Friendly


Well I have finally found my camera cord, so here as promised is the pictures from my Bean cake, that we enjoyed so much for my daughters birthday.

Recipe
3 cups of white navy beans.
9 Tbles of coconut oil
1 cup + 2tbls of honey
6 eggs
2 Tbles of Vanilla, I used my homemade vanilla essence.
3/4 tsp of good quality salt.
1 tsp of baking soda. Aluminum free.

Mix all ingredients together in a blender or food processor, until well combined. Pour into a with greased cake pan. Bake for 40-45 mins on 180C, or a little longer if not quite set.

I served mine with Yoghurt mixed with kvass to make it pink, drizzled over the top, and then covered with berries. :0)

So here is it again with the birthday girl :0)

Now I didn't get think this fabulous idea up on my own, I found the recipe on Modern Alternative Mama blog http://www.modernalternativemama.com/blog/2011/2/10/recipe-collection-white-bean-vanilla-cake.html Go check it out, has lots of great recipes that you can try. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment